Procmail links page -- help me add more!

1997-04-24 10:32:00
To augment the FAQ, I've made a small collection of Procmail-related
links. If there's anything you'd like me to add to (or remove from)
this collection, please let me know.

As you'll notice, "a number [of people's private recipes]" is
currently equal to one. I'd like to see more links here.
  I'll probably include various spam-related links in the "tangential"
section once I have the time.

Does anybody know what happened to Scott Hirsch's Procmail page?

As you can see from the URL listing at the end, a few of the tutorials
are just local copies of articles from this list. I have not yet asked
for approval from the authors so they might disappear.
  Please don't disperse too widely yet and please don't include the
URL for the link page anywhere just yet, either. I'll add a link to it
from the FAQ page when it's ready for prime time.
  For the record, the FAQ itself is at
    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>

Below is a text-only copy of the links page so you can see what I have
at the moment.

/* era */

 $ lynx -dump http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html

                                 Procmail Links

    To keep the [1]Procmail FAQ at a manageable size, I've opted to list
    only the most central web links in the FAQ itself. This page, then, is
    more of a kitchen-sink version. You'll find a few [2]tutorials, a
    number of [3]example .procmailrc files, and some good examples of
    [4]systems implemented in Procmail. Finally, there's a section of more
    or less [5]tangentially related information.

    You will also doubtlessly find a few broken links. Please [6]mail me
    about those so I can fix them, for the surfing pleasure of coming
    generations.

    Version information: $Id: links.html.prep,v 1.1 1997/04/24 16:29:08
    reriksso Exp $

 Central information

    Just to keep this link collection reasonably self-contained, here is a
    repeat of the central links mentioned in the FAQ itself. I will also
    try to include links to "competing" link collections. I do not wish to
    hijack information from other sites and thus I hope you will check out
    what these other collections have to offer.

      * For the record, a link back to my attempt at a [7]Procmail FAQ.
      * Naturally, a link to the [8]main Procmail site -- this is where to
        pick up a copy if Procmail isn't already installed at your site.
        (And [9]here's a U.S. mirror site.)
      * The [10]Best of Procmail archive file contains a wealth of good
        tips (although some of them are wearing a bit old, being from
        1995).
      * Achim Bohnet's HTTP [11]archive of the Procmail-L mailing list is
        continuously updated, though.
      * If you are unable or unwilling to use the WWW version, contact the
        [12]mailing list server and you'll get instructions for how access
        to the archive by e-mail.
      * [13]Infinite Ink's Procmail Page
        This is a good switchboard site with links to all sorts of
        Procmail-related stuff. Again, in the below listing, I have tried
        to avoid duplicating links which are already available from the
        Infinite Ink page. Check it out.

 Procmail tutorials

      * [14]Joe Gross's tutorial (partly very specific to the environment
        of the University of Illinois; some things need to be taken with a
        grain of salt)
      * [15]A tutorial by Jim Dennis
      * [16]An example / cookbook message cooked up by Tony Nugent

 Procmail applications

    This section includes some good examples of more complicated mail
    processing systems and library files you can copy and use without
    delving into the details of how they work or even necessarily learning
    how to use Procmail on its own.
      * [17]Alan Stebbens's Procmail library contains a number of jigsaw
        pieces for building an advanced mail handling system.
      * [18]Spamgard(tm), a spam deflector by Bill Evans
      * [19]forrep, a script by Doug Muth which uses Formail to pick out
        appropriate complaint addresses from a spam message

 Procmail pages of the rich and famous

      * [20]Sven Guckes

 Tangential information

      * [21]http://www.sendmail.org/
      * [22]The Sendmail FAQ
      * [23]The user+box(_at_)host Addressing [Pre-] FAQ