the .procmailrc file (Was Re: Procmail Consultant Wanted

1997-04-24 10:12:00
At 12:21 PM 4/24/97 -0400, Robert Nicholson wrote:
Just send the .procmailrc to the list and ecplain what you are trying to
do please.

Okay.  At this point, I merely want Procmail to forward the mail to certain
boxes.  The forwarding instructions come after the "instructions" written
by the folks at the ISP who changed to this system.  Presently nothing
forwards (redirects - whatever the term may be.
# An example .procmailrc file.

# Environment variable set up
# Do not change!

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail               # This is the directory where mail boxes
#DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox           # are stored.

LOGFILE=/dev/null
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

# Don't change anything above this line, unless you know what you are
# doing!

#---------------------------------------------------------------------

#  HELLO FLEXNET TELNET Users!
#  Please preface any comments in this file with a "#"
#
#  We have put some examples here, and hopefully you can
#  figure out the structure and concept of procmail from it.
#
#  Please try your best... if you still need help to do stuffs, there
#  is a charge of $10 per change in this file.
#
#  This file is active in that any changes you make here and save, is put
#  to work IMMEDIATELY.
#
#  For more and fancier examples, type 'man procmailex' at the UNIX
#  prompt.
#
#
#  ...so here it goes, folks!       //del//
#

# Filter examples now follow. Actual "recipes" will be as below, without
# the beginning "#".

# Example 1
#:0:
#* ^To(_dot_)*info(_at_)virtual(_dot_)com
#! anybody(_at_)aol(_dot_)com peter(_at_)lava(_dot_)net
#
# In this example, all email coming into info(_at_)virtual(_dot_)com gets sent
# both an aol.com account and a lava.net account. We don't keep a copy
# here at flexnet.
#
# Below is the same example, but in this case we keep a copy of the email
# here:    (notice the "c: on the first line.)

#:0 c
#* ^To(_dot_)*info(_at_)virtual(_dot_)com
#! anybody(_at_)aol(_dot_)com peter(_at_)lava(_dot_)net
#

# Example 1.

#:0:
#* ^From.*madonnac
#madonna-mail
# Any mail from someone with 'madonnac' in their address will be stored
# in the mail file maddona-mail. Of course, I could change madonna-mail
# to any file name I choose.

# Example 2.
#:0:
#* ^From.*annoying-guy
#/dev/null
# Any mail from annoying-guy gets thrown away without you even seeing
# it!

# Example 3.
#:0:
#* ^Subject.*music
#music-mail
# Any mail with the word music appearing anywhere in the Subject line
# will get put in music-mail.

# Example 4.
#:0:
#* ^From.*mary
#* ^Subject.*love
#mary-good-mail
# Any mail from mary with the word 'love' appearing in the Subject:
# line will get put in the file mary-good-mail.

# Example 5.
#:0 c
#* ^From.*joe
#! frank(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu
# A copy of any mail from joe will be sent to
frank(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)edu(_dot_)
# Note the c in the first line!!

#This redirect below added by automated script; moved from sendmail.cf
#This redirect added April 15, 1997 from pre-existing redirects.

#This redirect below added by automated script; moved from sendmail.cf
#This redirect added April 15, 1997 from pre-existing redirects.

:0:
*  ^To(_dot_)*riggle(_at_)tradelaw(_dot_)com
! dariggle(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

#This redirect below added by automated script; moved from sendmail.cf
#This redirect added April 15, 1997 from pre-existing redirects.

:0:
*  ^To(_dot_)*(_at_)tradelaw(_dot_)com
! randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^cc(_dot_)*(_at_)tradelaw(_dot_)com
! Randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^To(_dot_)*fukuzawa(_at_)ucsd(_dot_)edu
! dariggle(_at_)aol(_dot_)com randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^To.*savoynet
! randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^To.*salon
! dariggle(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^To(_dot_)*aa-intnetsaaver(_at_)amrcorp
! randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com dariggle(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^To(_dot_)*aa-netsaaver(_at_)amrcorp
! randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com dariggle(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

:0:
*  ^cc.*procmail
! randc(_at_)enteract(_dot_)com