Suscribing to mailing lists

1997-04-25 14:50:00

I am trying to figure this one out, but the man pages have confused me.
I am trying to set up a mailing list via procmail with the ability to
subscribe and unsubscribe people.  I have written a program to take a
file, truncate all information before the character '<' and after the
character '>', then compare that information to another file, search for
the info, and write out the result.  Basically, I have the program to run
once I get the To: field into a file.  Can anyone help me come up with a
procmail recipe?  I would assume it would go like this (pseudocoded):

if(To == mailing list)
{
  if(Subject == Subscribe)
    {
     Store To-field
     run subscribe program
    }
  if(Subject == Unsubscribe)
    {
     Store To-field
     run unsubscribe program
    }
  else forward to mailinglist
}

I'm sorry that I really don't know how to do this... everything I try
just screws up.  I hope you can help me...

Thanks,

Brett A. Lewis
ba-lewis(_at_)uiuc(_dot_)edu