"already read" bit set on processed messages

1997-04-27 12:32:00

Messages stored in folders appear to have the "read" bit set after
being handled by procmail.  In my /var/spool/mail/$USER mailbox,
messages are listed as "new" via elm or pine.  When messages are
culled by procmail and placed in folders, this bit is un-set and
the messages are not flagged as "new", etc.  Is there a trick I'm
missing?  I am running procmail out of my .forward and not manually.

The normal inbox shows "Status: OR" on those that have been read
and no "Status: " field for undread messages.  Those in the procmail
folders have no "Status: " field at all, which is similar to the
unread messages in /var/spool/mail.

Ideas?