filtering mailboxes using Cron

1997-05-01 09:50:00

This is an area which I didn't find explained well in the man pages
and I would like some advice from somone who may have allready
done this.

Just a quick bit of context:  I use a copy of procmail on my
personal account (in $HOME/bin) to filter the mail I get from
multiple mailing lists.  The bulk of my work mail is dumped by
default into my system mailbox and then transfered usually at the end
of the day to a "received" folder on my account disk space.  The mail
I send is also archived in a "sent" folder.

At the end of the month, I would like to filter work-related mail out
of my "received" and "sent" folders.  Can I do this using procmail
and if so, how?  If somone could take the time to give a line-by-line
explanation of the example given in the man pages that would help.

I'm using pine as my mailer if that makes a difference.

Kirk Job Sluder (csluder(_at_)indiana(_dot_)edu)
Classroom Technology Assistance (http://www.indiana.edu/~iss/cta/)
IU Bloomington Classrooms Database (http://iub-classrooms.indiana.edu/)
Personal Home Page (http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~csluder/home.html)
"Never clap your hands while holding a fountain pen."