Digest

1997-05-05 09:41:00
Thanks for going over the autoresponder script with me. I'm still trying to
digest it all.

I need a  daily and monthly digest of submissions to archive. Below is one
I'm working on that files three separate copies of an incoming email. The
first copy goes to the joke-l pine folder then passes a copy to formail to
strip the excess header info and it is then passed to a month folder and a
day folder for an archived mailing list digest. Please tell me where I went
wrong on this one. I'm completely baffled on how to keep three copies of a
message and have it stop on the last one.

--
DAYFILE=`date +%d-%m-%y`

MONTHFILE=`date +%m-%y`

ARCHIVES=$HOME/.procmail/joke-l/archives

###### Copy to date folders

:0 Hf
* ^(To|Cc):.*\<joke-l\>
$HOME/mail/joke-l

:0 H
* ^(To|Cc):.*\<joke-l\>
| formail -k -X To: -X Date: -X From: -X Subject: ; echo "--"

:0 Hf:
* ^(To|Cc):.*\<joke-l\>
$ARCHIVES/$DAYFILE

:0:
* ^(To|Cc):.*\<joke-l\>
$ARCHIVES/$MONTHFILE

Regards,

Dave/Webmaster

                VserV Inc. | Enjoy Great Humor?
            www.v-serv.com | Join Joke-L
Commercial Website Hosting | Listserv <listserv(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com>

   "I love the smell of SPAMMER frying in the morning."
         Wagner playing in the background...