Re: Hacking stdin? (Why doesn't this filter do what I expect)

1997-05-08 00:48:00
On Thu, 8 May 1997 00:55:03 -0400 (EDT),
Robert Nicholson <steffi2(_at_)dgs(_dot_)dgsys(_dot_)com> wrote:
                | $FORMAIL -rtz \
<...>
                        -I 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--
next item --"' ;\

BTW, your MIME encoding looks like it would need fixing. Perhaps you
would be better off writing this as a metasend script (not sure if
that program is quite up to it) or whatever. (The only real problem I
saw was that the closing delimiter should be "-- next item ----" but
anyhow, personally, I wouldn't trust myself to do these things by
hand. :-)

                echo "This is the preamble of an RFC-1521 encoded, mixed
message." ;\

I believe the RFC is nowadays 2045 or so.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>