Re: Executing programs

1997-05-12 03:30:00
On 12 May 1997, Guy Geens wrote:

"Jordi" == Jordi Garcia Busquets <jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es>
writes:

Jordi>        What about...

Jordi> :0 bc
Jordi> | cat >>$HOME/filename && program_name $HOME/filename

You need a local lockfile on that one, in case two mails arrive at the
same time. Change the first line to:
:0bc:

        Yes, you're right. I missed this detail.

procmail can figure out the file to lock because of the >> in the
action line.

Beware though, program_name will operate on all messages that have
been saved to the file. I'm not sure if that is what you want.

        Yes. In my case, this is what I need. Obviously, just changing it

        | cat > $HOME/filename && program_name $HOME/filename

        it will fit the needs of the original sender of the question.

        Cheers.

Jordi Garcia Busquets
jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es
University of Girona. Catalunya. Spain