Re: Executing programs

1997-05-10 12:01:00
On Sat, 10 May 1997, Larry Canter wrote:

I'm new to Procmail and this is probably a pretty basic question, but

I need to save e-mail to a file(stripping out the headers), and then
call a program with the file-name as an argument.  Saving the mail to
a file is no problem, but I can't get the program to execute.  Recipe
 in .procmailrc looks like this:
       :0 bc
      | cat >>$HOME/filename
      | program_name filename

I've tried it using semi-colon at end of the first action, placing
the program execution in a separate recipe, and the same thing
happens - the file is created and that's it.

Thanks for any help on this.

larryc(_at_)thegrid(_dot_)net

        What about...

         :0 bc
        | cat >>$HOME/filename && program_name $HOME/filename

        This is the method I use in one of my recipes. Try.

        Cheers.

Jordi Garcia Busquets
jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es
University of Girona. Catalunya. Spain