Re: I wanna make a .procmailrc file

1997-05-13 00:59:00
On Mon, 12 May 1997 20:49:58 -0100 (GMT+1),
Jordi Garcia Busquets <jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es> wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 1997, G.E.Siregar wrote:
:0
* ^TOacehtob(_at_)thepentagon(_dot_)com
! h(_dot_)gautama(_at_)elektron(_dot_)et(_dot_)tudelft(_dot_)nl,
m(_dot_)t(_dot_)p(_dot_)surapati(_at_)elektron(_dot_)et(_dot_)tudelft(_dot_)nl
But it doesn't work....all emails that i receive with the destination
acehtob(_at_)thepentagon(_dot_)com are not forwarded. Could any body tell
me what
might be wrong?

Not unless you post a snippet from the log. I think you should get rid
of the comma, though. (In fact I believe it's harmless but try
removing it anyway.) Other than that, I see no reason why this should
fail.
  Gunanda, could you please add VERBOSE=yes to the beginning of your
log file and post a snippet of the log from an event where you
expected this to work but it didn't? (Perhaps cite the part of the
headers of the triggering message which you expected to match the ^TO
line, too.)

* ^TO(_dot_)*acehtob(_at_)thepentagon(_dot_)com
     ^^
     Maybe the line TO of the incoming mail contains more chars, like
your name, or something else.

This is bogus. The ^TO macro already contains a suitable wildcard.
Adding .* will not solve any problems but may break things (although
the conditions in this case would have to be rather arcane).

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>