Re: How could i get some indication of a new message ?

1997-05-19 11:56:00

I guess there's two ways that I can think of:

1) Run something like Mailstat or my ProcLog manually (both scan your log
file and report on new email in folders).

2) Run a cron job every x minutes that scans your log and reports.

Personally I like #1, because if you're sorting email the general idea is
that you're getting enough email (ie a lot) to warrent sorting it.  Having
a cron job report on all that email every 8 minutes or so would get really
annoying to me.

ProcLog is available at http://www.pobox.com/~aturner/proclog

Aaron Turner, CNE      | Finger me for my PGP key   | Unix, Perl & Bash Hacker
aturner(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com      | Either which way,          | Comp. Eng.
Major @ SJSU
www.pobox.com/~aturner | one half dozen or another. | Mustang lover, M$ hater