procmail vs. nyetscape again...

1997-05-20 14:40:00
OK, I keep looking and I keep finding the claim that netscape and
procmail are incompatible.  However, each such message apparently
does not consider that netscape has _three_ ways to get mail:
1) from a POP server
2) from a "built-in" movemail
3) from an external movemail

Most of the "it's impossible" messages appear to be referring to
option (2).  I am currently using option (1), _but_ our POP server
receives its mail from a more conventional sendmail or something like.
So, perhaps there is a way for one of the following:
a) Have procmail work with the POP server, and let Netscape have
   what's left over.
b) Have procmail do its thing BEFORE the POP server gets the mail
c) Select "External movemail" in netscape options, and put procmail
   (with some -options) as the tool to be invoked.

P.S. Do I have to erase my anti-spam header in order to subscribe
to this list?

P.P.S.  I'm not trying to defend Netscape, but its starting to
seem like one of those "necessary evils" (just like Mickey$oft)

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be

  w w g r o l  at  p s e u l t 0 1  dot  f w  dot  h a c  dot  c o m

     SPAM should be sent to
I(_dot_)want(_dot_)one(_at_)mailbombs(_dot_)for(_dot_)idiots(_dot_)org
 If you don't want to pay $500 (see 47 USC 227), don't send it here.