Netscape vs. procmail

1997-05-20 13:47:00
I noted in this list's archives about how Netscape does not cooperate
with procmail regarding locks on folders (not surprising--Netscape
is trying to challenge Mickey$oft for the orneriness championship).

What if I only use procmail to bounce spam before Netscape gets
its hands on the mail?  We have Netscape's POP server running, but
we also have a more conventional Unix mail handler.  Can I have
mail come through the conventional handler, .forward to procmail,
and then have procmail's default be a handoff to the POP?

There are things I hate about Netscape, but it seems like this way
I could have the best of both.

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be

  w w g r o l  at  p s e u l t 0 1  dot  f w  dot  h a c  dot  c o m

     SPAM should be sent to
I(_dot_)want(_dot_)one(_at_)mailbombs(_dot_)for(_dot_)idiots(_dot_)org
 If you don't want to pay $500 (see 47 USC 227), don't send it here.