.gz won't download

1997-05-22 19:59:00
Sorry to post such a basic question on this list, but procmail is
a wonderful program and I'm trying to learn as much about it as I
can. To that end, I'm trying to download the archives of this list
from www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/.
I have no problem downloading .gz files from other sites. On this
one, however, Netscape 3.0 Gold opens the file (as another page)
instead of giving me the pick app/save dialogue. Of course, I've
set Netscape to "save" x-gzip application .gz files. Shift-click
forces a download, but produces a corrupted .gz file. I've tried
this on three Windows machines (my only Web access, at the moment)
with the same result.
Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated and I will post a
summary of any responses.
TIA,

Greg Reeves
greeves(_at_)kcstar(_dot_)com