AGIS Netblock recipe question.

1997-05-22 16:52:00
Hi,
        I've come across a Procmail recipe that blocks all of Agis.   The
conditions I find fairly easy to understand, but I'm not clear on the
actions that are taken from that point:

:0
*
^Received:.*\[(204\.(130\.243\.|137\.(128\.|13[4-9]\.|1[4-9][0-9]\.
--Many Netblocks snipped---
|185\.|249\.|250\.)|207\.142\.|209\.14\.)
here is the part that I don't understand:
        {
        EXITCODE = 77

        :0
              /dev/null
               }
        I'm not sure why this person has this instead of just routing
directly to /dev/null.
        I'm planning to set um my recipe to the person saying, "I bounced
this message. Because you are served by AGIS, a spam haven.  If you are a
customer of AGIS, you chould change your backbone provider.  If not,
contact your ISP and suggest that they get theri connectivity elsewhere If
you need to contact me, resend message with the following phrase "XXXXXXX"
in the subject, and I will get the message.   You will also be removed
from the netblock.
        BTW, does anyone out there have a recipe that will automatically
put a user name into a file if they send a message with the appropriate
phrase, and then compares to that file to see if they should be passed?

--Matthew Saroff