Re: Extracting Email Address In From: Field

1997-05-26 09:26:00
On Mon, 26 May 1997, Stan Ryckman wrote:

But can't formail do it "right" anyway?  Make a copy of the
header, then strip out all reply headerfields except "From:", and
then generate FROM=`formail...` from the remainder (there will then
be nothing left *but* "From:" for formail to "reply" to)?
(Left as an exercise to the reader; not sure if it can be done
in one formail call; I'd probably end up using two  :)

Previously in Stan's note, he mentioned how mail coming from local site
does not have the @ sign.  This usually isn't an issue for me, however, it
does provide a challenge from time to time when using filters.  Is there
any merit or problems with searching for @ sign in an address... If it
doesn't exist then append the local mail address using formail?

Thanks,
Liston

- Liston Bias                        When one door closes, another opens,
  Alumni of Oklahoma State Univ      but we often look so long and
  Alumni of Florida State Univ       regretfully upon the closed door, we
                                     do not see the ones which open for us.
  bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                                        -A.G. Bell
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias