Re: Extracting Email Address In From: Field

1997-05-29 23:38:00
On Thu, 29 May 1997 21:12:03 -0700 (PDT), Dave/WebMaster
<ddave(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com> wrote:
Sorry about posting the old message from sent-mail to the list. For some
reason, the post I made to the list yesterday never did show up, nor the
one Stan Ryckman made in response. I did get Stan's cc to me. I didn't
keep a copy of the post I made yesterday and inadvertantly sent an older
one.

The list has been slow. I got some posts last night that I had
received Cc:s of probably 24 hours earlier.

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Stan Ryckman wrote:
     :0fw
     * ? test -s "$MEMBER_FILE"
     * ? fgrep -is "$WHOM" "$MEMBER_FILE"
     | ( formail -zk \
     -XDate: \
     -XFrom: \
     -XSubject: \
     ; cat -s $SIG_FILE )

How can I add fields like 'X-Loop:' after extracting them with '-X'. '-I'
won't do it and echo and cat insert the fields after the body.

One of the funny idiosyncrasies of formail is that if you're -Xing,
you need to explicitly -X fields you have already -Ied. Try

    formail -zk -XDate: -XFrom: -XSubject: \
        -I"X-Loop: ddave(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com" -XX-Loop:

That's a bug, not a feature, IMHO.
  (Cc:ed to Stephen. We're keeping you busy, great guru :-)

/* era */

--