Re: How to stop formail seeing message inside a digest.

1997-05-28 01:16:00
On Tue, 27 May 1997 19:34:51 -0400 (EDT),
Robert Nicholson <steffi2(_at_)dgs(_dot_)dgsys(_dot_)com> wrote:
I just learnt the hard way that formail sees the messages inside a digest
when doing
  formail -ds procmail <mailbox
hence every comp.risks article author just got one of my rejected
messages. That's gonna please a lot of people.

Actually, probably they didn't. You see '*Bounced*' in the log but
what Procmail does when this happens is return an error code. If you
had been running Procmail inside sendmail, sendmail would have picked
up that error code and generated a bounce message. But you weren't.
  I got real scared when this happened to me, but I would have
received a couple of bounces myself if they had really been generated
and I never got any complaints -- and so when I had chilled down a
bit, I came up with this explanation.
  This should probably be emphasized in the manual. (Cc: to Stephen)

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>