Re: mime-decode.rc

1997-05-30 13:53:00
Roderick Schertler <roderick(_at_)argon(_dot_)org> writes:
Here's a file from my procmaillib.  For a recent project I needed to
decode whatever standard MIME encoding the body was in, including this
file does that.

I have some more nitpicking (that you probably take care of before calling this
script, btu anyway): decoding is not always safe, so you may want to be
careful.

Apart from weird cases of encoded-contents containing the boundary string
(which cannot happen in your case since you don't deal with multiparts anyway),
there is the problem that many mail handling programs don't deal well with
binary-contents (they can usually work with 8bit data, but binary data is too
often problematic: many apps expect the mail to be formed of lines that can be
read into C strings: too long-lines or nul-chars can wreak havoc).

        Stefan