**ProcLog 2.8 Beta Released**

1997-05-31 14:24:00

ProcLog: A Procmail Log Reporting System

Well I've been busy these last few weeks getting the 2.x version of
ProcLog bug-free and adding features galore.  I'm acutally running out of
ideas to make ProcLog better!  So if you tried v1.0 (or *gasp* one of the
0.x betas) and thought "gee this is slow" or "if only it had this feature"
or "BASH?!!  It requires BASH?  What kind of fool writes scripts in BASH?
:-)"  (ProcLog has now been mostly rewritten in Perl 5 and now supports
sh) now is the time to look at it again. If you've been running on of the
earlier 1.0 or 2.x versions, this is a definate upgrade time.

Also, yes it does say "beta"... The reason I say this is because even
though I've been running ProcLog successfully at home and work and have
tested it as much as I can without any problems, I don't feel confident
enough that it will work 100% perfect all the time on every system.  If
this was a Micro$oft product it'd had Mr. Bill's gold stamp long ago, but
I have higher standards.  :-)

For a quick synopsis of the changes in ProcLog, take a look at the
revision history file:
http://www.best.com/~aturner/proclog/History.txt

Or check out the ProcLog Home Page for more information including sample
outputs:
http://www.best.com/~aturner/proclog

Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to make ProcLog better, easier,
faster, success\horror stores, etc. let me know!

Aaron Turner, CNE      | Finger me for my PGP key   | Unix, Perl & Bash Hacker
aturner(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com      | Either which way,          | Comp. Eng.
Major @ SJSU
www.pobox.com/~aturner | one half dozen or another. | Mustang lover, M$ hater