Adding "From_" as an X-header

1997-05-31 20:03:00
Neither of my mail clients display the "From_" envelope line, and I'm
always curious as to what it is. So I thought I would add a formail
filter at the top of my .procmailrc to pick it up and insert it into
each mail as an X-header, so I can see it in my mail client. Here is
my test recipe:

:0
* ^Subject.*formailtest
{
 ENVELOPE=`formail -xFrom `
 :0f
 | formail -I"X-Envelope: $ENVELOPE"
}

This recipe does not fail or give errors, but it seems to assign both
the "From_" *and* the "From:" lines to $ENVELOPE, with a newline
between them. Mail to myself looks like this:

[snip]
Does anyone know how to tell formail to grab only the "From_" line?
revjack(_at_)radix(_dot_)net