Re: Notification

1997-06-04 04:45:00
aelbrect(_at_)sebb(_dot_)bel(_dot_)alcatel(_dot_)be writes:

Hello,

I'm a new user to procmail and I wanted to ask the following :

I use mailtool for the moment and I receive 2 beeps when I receive a mail
( checks on /var/spool/mail/aelbrect ). Now I installed procmail in my
account and set it up so it saves certain mails ( from mailing lists ) in
certain folders. But when I receive such a mail a don't get a notification.
Now, is it possible to let procmail generate a beep or something when he
processed an incoming mail ?

 procmail doesn't beep, but I think it should be possible to play a soundfile
 from rc.folders.

 I'm using coolmail:

 coolmail -f /path/to/mailbox/to/check [-af /path/to/soundfile]

 coolmail will open an xterm with a (non-gui) MUA of your choice (on
mouseclick),
 but you should be able to use it for notification only.