Procmail locking problem

1997-06-05 11:57:00
I've been working on my procmail locking up problem, and found this when I
turned verbose logging on:

procmail: [4904] Thu Jun  5 09:31:33 1997
procmail: Assigning "SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=backup/msg.W9K"
procmail: Opening "backup/msg.W9K"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock

That's the lock-up point.  I turned off fcntl() in the Makefile, and I
then get 'kernel-lock failed' messages, which concerned me, so I turned
off flock() as well, only leaving lockf().

Would anyone have comments?  I don't particularly like turning off kernel
file locking, but I really dislike having my mail delivery program lock
up...

Thanks.

 Theo Van Dinter                        www: http://www.kluge.net/~felicity/
 Secretary of WPI Lens and Lights               Junior Systems Administrator

           An attacker must vanquish, a defender need only survive.