Re: Modify locking with Sun mailtool ?

1997-06-05 17:24:00
wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
writes:
It was suggested that I disable fcntl and lockf
locking schemes to run with mailtool.  I have two
problems with this (I'm not very good with make
and its cousins):

1. Following the INSTALL instructions automatically
decides what locking options to use during the build.

make has now way of testing all your system's applications for brokenness.

2. The option it decides on is fcntl only.  If I found
a way to disable that, I would have NO locking.

You *always* have dotlocking availible to you.  You just have to remember
to put the second colon on those recipes (and *only* those recipes) which
need it.

Philip Guenther