Re: Testing out the Spam Filters

1997-06-07 10:13:00
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997 20:40:43 +0000 (GMT),
"Matthew G. Saroff" <msaroff(_at_)pca(_dot_)net> wrote:
     Now that I have the spam filters up and running, I'd like to see
how well they actually work.  What newsgroups do you folks recommend that
I post to to get a large and varied amount of spam?

If you merely want to receive cannon fodder to test your filters with,
subscribe to the spam-list at majordomo(_at_)hiss(_dot_)han(_dot_)de -- this
list's
subscribers forward all their spam to the list with full headers.
There's also an archive of old spam from several months back at
ftp://nutsy.han.de/pub/spam/spam-archive/

Also, if you want mine, you can have it (-:
    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>

(This is under construction and sporadically updated -- the From_
lines in the index are still wrong on many messages.)

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>