Procmail on HPUX 10.x

1997-06-12 10:43:00
I've brought up a new server, and I figured I didn't have
any legacy to deal with here, so I could start from scratch
on the sendmail/procmail thing. Problem is, I can't seem to
get the system to recognize procmail (or, at least, invoke
it). I've tried using sendmail -bt with 3,0 user(_at_)domain(_dot_)name
to see what is going on, and I suspect, it's just not seeing
(or getting to the mailertable to do the procmail invocation).

At any rate, here's the data:

sendmail.cw:

        domain
        www.domain
        domain.com
        www.domain.com

mailertable (compiled with makemap btree mailertable < mailertable):

        domain.com      procmail:/home/customers/domain/.procmailrc

.procmailrc:

        # Set on when debugging
        VERBOSE=yes

        # Replace 'mail' with your mail directory
        MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

        # Directory for storing procmail log and rcfiles
        PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

        LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
        INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.filter

sendmail.cf

# file containing names of hosts (domain-name.com) for which we receive email
Fw/etc/mail/sendmail.cw

# Mailer table (overriding domains) domain_name.com<tab>local:
Kmailertable btree /etc/mail/mailertable.db

# file containing full e-mail addresses of well-known spammers
F{Spammer} /etc/mail/Spammer

# file containing domains of well-known spammers
F{SpamDomains} /etc/mail/SpamDomains

# file containing IP numbers of machines (SMTP) which can use our relay
#F{LocalIP} /etc/mail/LocalIP

# file containing names of machines (SMTP) which can use our relay
F{LocalNames} /etc/mail/LocalNames

# file containing names of machines (MX) we relay to
F{RelayTo} /etc/mail/RelayTo

Scheck_rcpt
# first: get client name
R$+         $: $(dequote "" $&{client_name} $) $| $1
R $| $*         $@ ok       no client name: directly invoked
#R$- $| $*      $@ ok       for those without full DNS...
R$*$={LocalNames} $| $* $@ ok       from allowed system
#R$={LocalIP}$* $| $*   $@ ok       from allowed system
#R$*$=w $| $*       $@ ok       from here (instead of LocalNames)
# now check other side
R$* $| $*       $: $>3 $2
# remove local part, maybe repeatedly
R$*<@$*$={RelayTo}.>$*      $>3 $1 $3
# still something left?
R$*<@$*>$*      $#error $@ 5.7.1 $: 571 we no longer relay

######################*****##############
###   PROCMAIL Mailer specification   ###
##################*****##################
#####  @(#)procmail.m4  8.5 (Berkeley) 12/28/95  #####
Mprocmail,  P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=DFMmShu, S=11/31, R=21/31,
T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
        A=procmail -m $h $f $u

RelayTo:

        domain.com
        www.domain.com

domain .forward (just in case):

        "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail USER=domain"

It is quite possible I've boogered sendmail in some way with
one of the configuration files, but for the life of me, I
can't see it. I've been removing the domain from various
files LocalNames, RelayTo, sendmail.cw, but that doesn't seem
to get the system to invoke procmail in mailertable.db. Of
course, it's probably something really simple, and I'm just
missing it.

---
Bob Gahl KD6KMX Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile  ||      @
      ARPA/INTERNET: bgahl(_at_)thesphere(_dot_)com        ||   !_ \
    WWW: http://www.thesphere.com/~bgahl/       ||   (*)-~--+--(*)
"If you're trying to be politically correct you're like a chameleon
 in front of a mirror. What can you say that won't be offensive to
 somebody?"                                        Robin Williams