Re: autobounce: I actually had it right after all.

1997-06-12 16:32:00
First answer contained...
Let's start over from the save:

Not sure if I quite understood you.  I put it as

:0
* ? fgrep -i -f $SBDIR/maybespam.list
{
  :0c:
  $SPAMFOLDER

  :0fhw  # double the head; second head is now part of body
  | sed -e H -e '$ G'

  :0fhw  # invert first head and slip in message after it (before second head)
  | formail -rtA"X-Loop: noloop(_at_)noloop(_dot_)nlp" ; cat
$SBDIR/maybespam.msg

  :0     # send it all out
  ! -t

}

| WHAT IT DOES NOW:
|
| Sends a reply containing (in order)
|
| Reply header
| contents of maybespam.msg

| WHAT I WANTED (repeated so you don't have to pull up the other message):
|
| Send a reply containing (in order)
|
| Reply header
| contents of maybespam.msg
| Original header
| Original body

CORRECTION: My original recipe and your better one BOTH worked.  But I
was bouncing it back to myself.  And since the "Original header" starts
with "From" my mail VIEWER treats it as another copy of the original
message!

Second answer contained....

As I said, I used to do this, but it isn't worth the effort. Just do

 :0
 { EXITCODE=77 HOST }

, after storing it if you are cautious, and forget about it. As GB Shaw
said, "I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty,
and besides, the pig likes it."

Good description of a spammer, but if it's spam, I need to protect my
mail system from a bouncing contest, and if it's not, I'd like to warn
the poor sender that he/she is in the pig pen while this wrestling is
going on.