Re: spurious "from" - whose bug is it?

1997-06-16 07:20:00

That's strange.  The manpages on my system have a slightly different
version of the above:

     If there is no Content-Length: field or the -Y  option  has
     been  specified and procmail appends to regular mailfolders,
     any lines in the body of the message that  look  like  post-
     marks  are  prepended  with `>' (disarms bogus mailheaders).
     The regular expression that is  used  to  search  for  these
     postmarks is:
          `\nFrom '

If your MUAs don't understand Content-Length: headers, than procmail
should be invoked with the -Y flag.  Note: the -Y flag only affectes
procmail's behavior when it's writing to regular mailfolders.

OK, my .forward is copied right from the man page(s):

"|IFS=' '&&p=/usr/home/wwgrol/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75
#wwgrol"

and I see the -Y there (or is -Yf- a completely different thing?)  But
mail that goes to $DEFAULT as well as anywhere else with a "\n\nFrom"
in it does not get the ">" protection and gets split by mailtool.

At present, I do NOT have a better choice than mailtool....