Re: Problems with FORMAIL

1997-06-18 03:27:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info.  That did the trick.  I don't see any real security
risk involved in the action, but I will discuss with other system
administrators before global implementation.

- Liston

At least you are trying to prevent users from loggin on the server.  And
this is eluded by procmails ability to fork shells and other programs.
With a little script like the one below your users can cause serious
problems for the server:

#!/bin/sh

while : ; do "$0" & ; done

Eventually there will be no longer any free process handles - at least for
users.  root should have no problems though.

Bye

        robert

--

  Robert Klemme