Re: $= ? Has anyone actually used this successfully?

1997-06-18 07:31:00
On 18 Jun 1997, Kenneth P. Turvey wrote:

$= is supposed to be equal to the score generated by a recipe right
after it is used.. unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work.

What I would like is a recipe that adds a header to the message
indicating the score it received in one of my recipes for debugging
when there are problems.  Something like this:

# BIG RECIPE GOES HERE

$SCORE = $=
:0 cif
| formail -A "X-Score: $SCORE"

Looks simple enough, doesn't it?  Well, it always inserts an X-Score
header containing 0.

I do exactly this.

                VAL=$=

                :0fwh
                | $FORMAIL -I "X-score: $VAL"

Philogyny recapitulates erogeny; erogeny recapitulates philogyny.