auto file sending

1997-06-19 13:39:00

I'm messing with procmail and doing some experimenting with an automatic
fileserver. I used some of the examples from "man procmailex" in the
fileserver section. It works pretty well but the binary file gets put into
the mail but not as a binary attachment. I tried to put in mimencode to
encode the binary file but haven't gotten it to work. here is what i have:

:0
* ^Subject: send file [0-9a-z]
* !^Subject:.*Re:
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^Subject: send file .*[/.]\.
{
MAILDIR=$HOME/fileserver # chdir to the fileserver directory

:0 fhw                   # reverse mailheader and extract name
| formail -rA "X-Loop: yourname(_at_)your(_dot_)main(_dot_)mail(_dot_)address"

FILE="$MATCH"            # the requested filename

:0 fbw
| mimencode -b ./$FILE 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
}

I used some of the examples but not real sure what i'm doing wrong. I just
want to autoreply with a binary attachment. Kinda like an autoreply
fileserver.

Thanx, Dan
dan(_at_)edg(_dot_)net