Re: Procmail filter for outgoing mail

1997-06-24 09:29:00
On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:20:29 -0500,
Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:
What does the log show if you turn VERBOSE on?

I did, all the time. Turns out it was just a glitch with LOG="$@".
Do you think I should submit this as a bug report to Stephen?

 $ /tmp/bin/procmail -v
 procmail v3.11pre7 1997/04/28 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg

<srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl>

 Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending to:
         <procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>

 And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
         <procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>

 Locking strategies:     dotlocking, flock()
 Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
 Your system mailbox:    /home1/ykiel/ykiel/ykielo/reriksso/.mail

 $ cat hoo
 #!/tmp/bin/procmail -m

 VERBOSE=on
 LOG="$@"

 :0i
 |echo "$@"

 $ ./hoo foo moo goo </dev/null
 procmail: [13651] Tue Jun 24 18:48:07 1997
 procmail: Assigning "LOG="
 procmail: Executing "echo,foo,moo,goo"
 procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=echo "
   Folder: echo                                                                1

/* era */

(I had to put a symlink to my own bin directory in /tmp/bin because
the shebang line would grow too long otherwise. I don't usually keep
my binaries in /tmp :-)

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>