Re: forwarding to many: will this work?

1997-06-27 11:30:00
Luke Davis wrote:

Got a file with, oh, let's say 40 addresses in it...
Will this work?
(or, if not, is there another way to do it within procmail, with out
calling anything besids sendmail?):

addresses = `cat addresses`

:0
* some tests
! $addresses

Actually, this works:

:0
! 'cat fwdlist'

Bringing up a question of my own. I have a forward list such as this,
but I'd like to process each line individually through pgp. I know it's
possible to use pgp to encrypt for multiple recipients, but some might
not use it (or want to).

I use the following to encrypt forwards for a single recipient. What I'd
like to do is call it for each name in a list: (when pgp fails for lack
of a public key, the original mail is recovered).

Essentially, any unix utility which can call procmail for every line in
the forward list would work fine.

Encrypt="/usr/local/bin/pgp -fea"

[...]

# forward mail

:0 c
{
  :0 fhw
  | formail -A "X-Encryption: pgp -c"

  :0 fbw
  | $Encrypt `cat $MyFwdList`

  LOG="rc.forward: forwarded to recipients in $MyFwdList
"
  LOGFILE=$LogFileNull

  :0
  ! `cat $MyFwdList`

  LOGFILE=$LogFileReal

Dennis Schmitz                   email: den(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com
Lucent Technologies              Phone: (630) 979-7841
IH 6H-338                          Fax: (630) 979-3439
2000 North Naperville Road
Naperville, IL 60566-7033