Re: Picking Off Sender's Address

1997-06-30 15:33:00
On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Knotwork Admin wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Paul O Bartlett wrote:
[...]

Looking at "what it all comes down to", am I totally off base in thinking
that in summary it comes down to having a mailing-list which can only be
mailed to by subscribers?

    Precisely, although I can't call it a mailing list.  It is a simple
mail reflector for a small, closed group of people which does not
reflect mail from people not in the group.  No automatic subscriptions,
no archive retrieval.  I CANNOT use SmartList, Majordomo, Listserv, or
what-have-you, because my ISP forbids running "mailing lists" with my
type of account.  I'm thinking of something that might serve perhaps a
dozen people but still needs to do things like preserve MIME headers
and the like.  I suspect I may have the general outline but do not have
all the details worked out.  (And the group has not come to pass yet:
I'm just working on it for a future possibility.)

[...]

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart