Re: Picking Off Sender's Address

1997-07-01 08:30:00
On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Knotwork Admin wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Paul O Bartlett wrote:
[etc.]

Hmmm the preservation of MIME might be problematical.

    I was thinking of something like this just to save some critical
MIME headers (e.g., if someone writes in ISO-8859-x via Quoted
printable):

        # Get three MIME headers for preservation
        :0
        { MIMEVER=$MATCH }

        :0
        { MIMETYPE=$MATCH }

        :0
        # Have formail format the message for recipients
        :0 fw
        | formail -I [etc.]                          \
          -I "Mime-Version: $MIMEVER"                \
          -I "Content-Type: $MIMETYPE"               \
          -I "Content-Transfer-Encoding: $MIMEXFER"  \

                                                      For the rest, one
might reflect that your ISP is not the only ISP in the world, and that
people obtain mailing-lists in the darndest places.

    Well, my ISP has various types of accounts.  If I want to lease a
commercial account, I may do whatever I want -- and pay for it.  As for
getting a mailling list somewhere else, if this discussion group comes
to pass it is unlikely for the foreseeable future to warrant a full
blown SmartList-type server.  (And in any case, this is a good learning
experience.)

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart