evil mailing list footers -- sed guru(*) needed

1997-07-03 22:50:00

Mailing lists are starting to use evil footers at the end of each message,
which is just a huge waste of space.

One was this:

***************** REMOVE THIS FOOTER... DO NOT REPOST ********************

(( 4 lines ))

and another has this:

guess some people don't like criticism of their abuses.

I figure a seg guru (*) should have no problem with this, but my attempts
have failed.

TjL

ps -- a 'sed guru' in this context is anyone who knows more than me, which
is most people who know anything about sed, one of the top5 UNIX programs
(sendmail, perl, emacs, and procmail) in terms of high level of knowledged
needed to use them properly/fully.... There are no doubt others...

ps2 -- Hebrew started as of 2 July, and ends on 22 August, so
please understand if responses are slow.  I am taking a 2
semester class in 8 weeks for 6 credits

--
TjL <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org>