Re: procmail is duplicating messages?

1997-07-06 22:16:00
wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
writes:
Most incoming messages now match _no_ recipes and drop into $DEFAULT.
(Which is what I want for now.)

But out of these, I get two copies of most of them.  Occasionally
I get a single copy.  There is only one log entry with no apparent
problems, yet the mail spool file gets two copies.  I think that procmail
is not running twice, because only one copy of the message goes into the
backup directory, and the backup file name only appears in one log entry.
Here is one such log, followed by .procmailrc:

How is procmail invoked?  Via a .forward file or is it the local mailer?
If the former, what does your .forward file look like?

Philip Guenther