Re: Misc

1997-07-06 22:16:00
Jan Kroken <jankr(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no> writes:

1. Pipe doesn't work

I've tried most combinations of
:0 ???
* ^Subject:.TESTFILTER
| cd $HOME; gunzip xxx.gz; cat>xxx;gzip xxx

where ??? could be replaced with almost every letter combination
available. I also tried "| cat >> /myhomedirectory/x"
and most other command lines, but it doesn't work, and I
always get an 'procmail: Error while writing to "/"' log entry.
(I don't write to /). Any suggestions?

Put VERBOSE=on at the top of your .procmail then examine the logfile,
making sure each line of your .procmailrc produces the correct logfile
entry.  If the answer doesn't then jump out at you when doing that,
mail both the logfile and your entire .procmailrc to the list.  Please
also include the output of "procmail -v".  My guess is that you have an
extra blank line in the middle of a recipe (procmail didn't start
ignoring those until version 3.11pre4).

2. I would like my log file to be splittet, possible through som
filter program. How?

I would suggest a cron job that moves the logfile to a temp location
then processes it there while new entries go into a new file under the
old name.

Philip Guenther