Re: Filtering Multiple Mailing Lists

1997-07-07 19:36:00
"JW" == Jerry Werner <itsol(_at_)texas(_dot_)net>
wrote the following on Mon, 07 Jul 1997 15:47:58 -0500

  JW> I subscribe to three mailing lists and would like procmail to
  JW> sort mail from each list into separate MH-style mail folders.
  JW> The problem is that some messages are sent to two (and, rarely,
  JW> three) of the lists, and my current procmail setup only sends it
  JW> to one of my list repositories.  (If a message goes to two
  JW> lists, I'd like to copy the message to both MH mail boxes.)

        I have the same problem.  I would like each message to be
linked into all appropriate folders.  Those that do not belong in any
other folder should be linked to my inbox.  I see how it would be
possible using copy (kind of - I still don't know how to make one the
"default"), but it seems pretty much impossible if I want to use hard
links instead of different copies.  Someone please inform me if it can
be done, thanks.

--
Ben Escoto
PGP/MIME mail welcome - finger bescoto(_at_)leland(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu for