Re: Filtering Multiple Mailing Lists

1997-07-12 14:53:00
"era" == era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>
wrote the following on Tue, 8 Jul 1997 12:23:43 +0300 (EET DST)

  era> I believe you can instead use the rc.files to assign to a
  era> variable and then when you're finished, write out the message
  era> to all folders named in that variable.

  era> In rc.one:

  era>     :0 * condition { FOLDER="$FOLDER${FOLDER:+ }one" }

        Thanks for your suggestion!  I had previously tried something
similar to store the folders in an environmental variable, but
procmail always seemed to fork, so the changes I made wouldn't be seen
by other recipies.  It appears that your syntax
($FOLDER${FOLDE... etc) keeps procmail from forking.

        It is not necessary to have separate rc files (perhaps I
understood your suggestion wrong?); all the recipies can just be put
in .procmailrc or whatever.

        The same can be used if you ever want to mark more than one
message unseen, e.g.:

:0
* ^TOprocmail(_at_)Informatik
{
FOLDER="$FOLDER${FOLDER:+ }lists/procmail/. list/."
UNSEEN="$UNSEEN${UNSEEN:+}+lists/procmail"
}

Although, of course, I am not suggesting that is the best or even an
adequate way to test for messages from this list.  Anyway, thanks
again.

--
Ben Escoto
PGP/MIME mail welcome - finger bescoto(_at_)leland(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu for