Re: Biff crazy ..

1997-07-10 09:38:00

 |Your comsat daemon is too old: it ignores the mailbox part of the biff
 |message.  You'll need to dig up a newer version (the linux or *BSD
 |versions should work) and install it.

I don't think so, Guenther.  In my test, I believe I get two
*entire* messages sent to the console.  Two copies of the first
e-mail, which consists only of "Subject: ORDINARY MAIL <lf><lf> xyz".

The second e-mail (which differs slightly - "Subject: MAIL WITH
test IN IT <lf><lf> xyz") does *not* turn into a biff message.

So I'm still stymied ... yes?  I'm going to include my
original EXAMPLE again, at the risk of offending ..

-jme

%--
EXAMPLE (where I have rm'd my /var/mail mailbox first,
and used a trivial .procmailrc, to test) ..

`.procmailrc' looks like
---
  VERBOSE=on
  LOGFILE=/tmp/PROC

  :0:
  * ^Subject:.*test
  IN.testing
---------

My `/tmp/PROC' log file reports what I expect after
first an ordinary message, then a matching one
---
  procmail: No match on "^Subject:.*test"
  procmail: Locking "/var/mail/jme.lock"
  procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/mail/jme"
  procmail: Opening "/var/mail/jme"
  procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
  procmail: Unlocking "/var/mail/jme.lock"