Re: Biff crazy ..

1997-07-10 21:13:00
 |Guenther is correct, you need a newer comsat daemon.
 |The symptom you have (comsat displays stuff from only the regular mailbox)
 |is precisely the behaviour of the old comsat daemon.
 |-Michael

My apologies!  So, I hunted for another comsat and found xcomsat.tar.gz
that had your (Michael Corrigan's) README in it.  Unfortunately, although
I've got a working gcc on my system (gcc 2.6.0, Solaris 2.5), I don't
know enough to compile the thing.  Typing `make' doesn't work
(says `Makefile:10: *** missing separator.  Stop.')

Could you help me, or point me at a binary?

Thanks,

-jme

Ps: Also, it says comsat must be run from inetd.  What does that
mean?  I notice a line in my `/etc/inet/inetd.conf' file that goes ..
comsat   dgram udp   wait  root  /usr/sbin/in.comsat  in.comsat

So, I'm Ok?