Re: Catching an e-mail address from text of message

1997-07-10 20:52:00
On Thu, 8 May 1997, era eriksson wrote:

 > :0
 > * ^From: Mailer-daemon(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
 > * 550 \/[^ ]* .*

But the following should suffice if you want only something fairly
close to the given example (i.e. only AOL bounces):

    * ^ *550 \/[^ ]+

By "force a new match", I mean something like

    {
        * MATCH ?? ^^[^ ]+
    }

Now what if I'm trying to match the address here (slightly different from
AOL's format in that it's encased by the arrows)?

550 <Romimu(_at_)concentric(_dot_)net>... User unknown

Thanks!

 | Brock Rozen | brozen(_at_)webdreams(_dot_)com |
http://www.webdreams.com/~brozen |