Help with error messages, pleas.

1997-07-10 10:36:00
        I hav just installed Ctherine Hampton's spambounce procmail config
        files. They seem to be working as desire, but I am getting a couple of
        error messagesthat I don't understand. The first one is:

         ## procmail: Lock failure on "/usr/mail/stan.lock"

         It seemsto me that this coming from an attempt by procmail to locak my
         original mail folder file. Thios file is in /usr/mail/stan. The
         permissions on /usr/mail are:

         drwxrwxr-x   2 bin      mail        1024 Jul 10 09:55 mail

         The file itself is:

         -rw-rw----   1 stan     mail     8272328 Jul 10 12:42 stan

         The permissions on procmail are:

         -rwsr-sr-x   1 root     mail       53976 Jun 22 00:24
/usr/local/bin/procmail

         It looks like procmail should be able to createthe lockfile using the
         group permissions, Does it make sense why it isn't? Before I added
         these configs, anything that did not match something in a procmail
         config file just fell off the end, and woulnd up in this file anyway.
         I'm not real sure why this is different using these config files.

         The second error message is:

         $FORMAIL -A"X-SpamBouncer: Default" >>$DEFAULT

         And i don't inderstand this one at all.

         Could anybody shed some light on this? All of these are coming from
         mailstat's perusal of the log file.

         Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com
404-996-6955