A comment about formail

1997-07-11 07:27:00

wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
wrote:
 > Can I use formail to temporarily remove the subject line, and still have
 > it back where it belongs when I hit the ... action?

And two replies included

* ? formail -ISubject: | fgrep -i -f $SBDIR/nancynet.domains

Just in case anyone else is missing the same point I missed:

I understand now that formail used this way in a condition doesn't change
the incoming message.  Rather, it outputs a modified copy of the message.