Simple Mailing List

1997-07-11 11:16:00
Era was kind enough to recommend the following rc entry to remail messages
to members of a list:

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*something unique here
  ! `cat file-of-recipients`

where the process is kicked off by the existence of something unique in
the subject line, and the list members are listed in a file called
file-of-recipients. I put it into place, and the thing tested fine. So, I
moved the real list (just over 100 addresses) into a file, and turned it
on
. I get the following error message when I post to the list:
   "Excess input quenched from 'cat' "

It shows in the log that I processed the first two addresses, then
stopped.

My member file has the format :
username1(_at_)domain1(_dot_)ext
username2(_at_)domain2(_dot_)ext

,etc. Do you think I need the little |\ at the end of each line?

One net to rule them all, one net to find them, one net to bring them all
and using Unix bind them.             alan_s(_at_)shaknet(_dot_)clark(_dot_)net
*Stamp out Spam...Boycott companies who use unsolicited commercial email*