Re: Simple Mailing List

1997-07-12 17:49:00
On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Alan V. Shackelford wrote:

Era was kind enough to recommend the following rc entry to remail messages
to members of a list:

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*something unique here
  ! `cat file-of-recipients`

where the process is kicked off by the existence of something unique in
the subject line, and the list members are listed in a file called
file-of-recipients. I put it into place, and the thing tested fine. So, I
moved the real list (just over 100 addresses) into a file, and turned it
on
. I get the following error message when I post to the list:
   "Excess input quenched from 'cat' "

It shows in the log that I processed the first two addresses, then
stopped.

My member file has the format :
username1(_at_)domain1(_dot_)ext
username2(_at_)domain2(_dot_)ext

,etc. Do you think I need the little |\ at the end of each line?

   :0
   ! `cat -s file-of-recipients`

Try the above, I use it quite a bit.

For a mailing list, you can also look for unique names in the To: field.
I use this also for mailing lists.

   :0
   * ^To:.*Yourlistname <you(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com>
   ! `cat -s file-of-recipients`

Regards,

Dave/Webmaster

           Join www.cauce.org | Join Joke-L
  Hit SPAMMERS Where It Hurts | Listserv <listserv(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com>
 ```````````````` Confirmed kills and counting...
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide
the bodies of the SPAMMERS that I had to kill."