Re: Why are messages procmail puts in non-default mailboxes not"new"

1997-07-11 13:36:00
"Stan Brown" <stanb(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> wrote:
      I am using elm as my mail user agent. Before I installed procmail, all
      unread messages were marked as "New" by it. Now only messages that go
      to my default mailbox are marked. Why is this? Can I correct it?

I don't use elm, but I have heard it has a bug that only allows it
to recognize messages are new in one mailbox, which ever one it thinks
is default. It does not realize that some other program maybe sorting
stuff.

I seem to recall reading of a semi-workable workaround that has you
add a "Status: O" header before putting them in the box, so that they
will be marked as unread, although still not new.

:0fh
| formail -A"Status: O"

Elijah
------
Please do not CC me when replying to the list.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.