Re: Procmail FAQ and Links pointer (pre-faq or pre-inf)

1997-07-28 11:01:00
era eriksson <era+i(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> wrote:
    date: 1997/07/10

       Link to Eli's Perl-embedded version

Hmmm. Maybe I should be a little faster about finishing that.
Anyway completely orthogonal to that, I have a pair of procmail
utility programs polished off last week.

One is "bounce" which is a perl script to forge MIME bounce
messages. It can also be used for generating MIME multipart
replies to mail. I wanted that because 'formail -rk' is not
so good at dealing with MIME mail.

The other is hashd, a compiled program which provides a general
purpose replacement for 'formail -D'. I'm using it right now
to kill duplicates based on mail messages having the same From:,
Subject:, and number of lines in the body. You can generate
hashes in any manner you want from mail (eg MD5 if you choose)
and then use hashd to check if that hash has been seen before.

They are availble at <URL:ftp://ftp.netusa.net/users/eli/proc-util.tgz>.

Elijah
------
Please do not CC me when replying to the list.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.