Re: Excessive output quenched from "cat"

1997-08-01 13:37:00
Mark Thomas wondered,

| ... I get this error from procmail:
|
| procmail: Excessive output quenched from "cat"
|
| The offending line in the procmailrc file is:
|
| BLOCKDOM=`cat /etc/local/mail/DeniedNames`

| Is there some way I can easily increase this value that procmail uses to
| determine "Excessive output"?

Yes; change the value of LINEBUF.  It defaults to 2048 (unless changed at
compile time) but can be reset in an rcfile.

However, there might be anohter way to handle what you're doing, depending on
what that might be.  I get the feeling that perhaps the file can be egrepped
for a pattern that matches the sender, and then you wouldn't need to hold its
entire contents in a variable.